Fixing the EM London calendar

This is so not my area of expertise but I would agree that several individual calendars would be best as Chantal suggests. I don’t want all the resident events, etc on my personal device. I rely on my iCal which links well with Google. I know nothing about Drupal but it can work seamlessly, go for it. I am a simple iPhone, Mac Book user and feel like I will need to apologize for this soon :slight_smile:

Vico

OK. I hear you guys. I’ve been thinking of a way to also make this future-proof, so here’s the new proposal:

Calendars

• Grand Rounds
  • EMA
  • Undergrad Teaching
  • Resident Events (joint CCFP & FRCP, Simulation)
  • CCFP-EM
  • Royal College Residents
  • Research (for conference dates, RRD and research meetings)
  • General EM (for ACLS, Department events, other meetings)

Event creation

• This would happen through the create content > event
  • There will be a title field, a location field, a start date and end date field.
  • There will be a ‘category’ field that will allow free entry as well as picking pre-existing calendars. Any user can create a new calendar by simply entering it in the category field.

Event distribution

Event moderation

I think moderation should be post facto, so that if we see a problem, we can address the source after. If there are many problems, we can consider active moderation before an event becomes live. This would be hell.

This post is editable, so edit as desired

I will only comment on the calendars section as the rest of the conversation goes over my head. Looks good to me. Only question is the “General EM” calendar. It might be nice to have a calendar that specifically includes all meeting for ED staff (i.e. EMA general partnership meetings and lunches, ED departmental meetings and ED divisional meetings) in one place but the "General EM” and “EMA” tabs may work just as well. Just throwing it out there.
Vico

1 Like

With this new setup, it would encourage us to properly separate out the events. If, for example, you want one calendar with general EM + EMA, you would simply make your link https://emlondon.ca/ical/main+ema.ics and get both.

Doing it the above way is a reasonable way to combine the advantages of “one link” for people who like that and the separation of “everything in a separate calendar” for people who like that.

Sounds great. Thanks Tarek.
Vico