I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to apply for AMOSO funding, so I thought I’d collect my thoughts here. I’ve created the document as a wiki, so anybody can edit as more information comes up.
Innovation vs Opportunities
- Opportunities fund only covers physician compensation. Maximum amount = $195,000
- Opportunities fund = 3 years; Innovation fund = 2 years
- Opportunities = local funding; Innovation = Provincial funding
- Opportunities can only be won once (I think). Innovation can be won multiple times.
- Website: http://amosoweb.ca/
- Contacts: Ms. Jenna de Ruiter, AMOSO Funding Competitions &Office Administrative Support
Email: Jenna.Deruiter@lhsc.on.ca Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 75116
- Ms. Verna McInnes, AMOSO Office & Funding Competitions Administrative Support (part-time)
Email: Verna.Mcinnes@lhsc.on.ca Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 75445
- Must include FMC-111
- Send the application to Olivia Bachmann Olivia.Bachmann@lhsc.on.ca or John Gibson. They will review it at the next FMC meeting
Support from Chief
- Department chair letter of support is DC-111 form
- Medicine’s instructions are that you should send for POEM review, but you do not. This is for the DOM AFP. Get EM AFP approval via the FMC.
- Sue Tomsen (DOM)