Research Remuneration - Message from Jon Dreyer

To All Division Members:

I would like to congratulate everyone who was active in research in 2015. Our collective contributions continue to grow both in quality and in volume.

I am pleased to be the bearer of good news for all of you who made contributions to research in calendar 2015. After much work on the part of the Remuneration Group the list of everyones’ work was submitted to the Division Financial Management Committee a couple of weeks ago. The FMC has now approved the point and monetary allocations, and Olivia will be distributing cheques today.

Attached to this message you will find both the list of contributions and points assigned for each Research remuneration 2015 FINAL.docx (82.6 KB), as well as the Guide for awarding points Points System for Research.doc (217 KB). Hopefully there is enough of an explanation in the list of contributions for you to be able to determine why you received the points you did, or in some cases, why points were not awarded. In the latter situation this was most often for one of the following reasons:
i) Work was done as a resident
ii) Work was not completed, i.e. published or presented in 2015
iii) Work was considered to be an academic activity but not research, e.g. guest speaker at a conference

Please feel free to contact me if you want further clarification of the decisions of the Remuneration Group, or there has been a mathematical error in calculating your point allocation.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Remuneration Group, Marcia Edmonds, John Gibson, Naveen Poonai, Karl Theakston and Melanie Columbus for all their hard and thoughtful work in reviewing the research activities of the Division. I would also like to thank Olivia Bachmann for collating the information that each of you entered into Acuity Star, and upon which the points allocations are based.

Regards,

Jon

Jonathan F. Dreyer, MD, CM, FRCPC
Professor and Research Director
Division of Emergency Medicine
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University
South West LHIN ED Lead
E1-117, 800 Commissioner’s Rd. E
London, ON, N6A5W9
519-667-6538